Karl ‘Jerry’ Craig’s Statement
We live in such a beautiful world with so much natural beauty as well as things created by man/woman. All of this influences me. I personally often feel like a sponge, absorbing everything as a sponge absorbs water then I squeeze it all out onto canvas – paper – metal – wood – stone or any type of surface that is available. Often, I am not satisfied and feel as if my searching will never end but still…..I am searching, using any kind of media that helps to express the imagery that is constantly coming into my mind. Color, Texture, Composition and Design play an important part of my work.
Of course, I am influenced by my heritage and surroundings and try whenever I can to incorporate this into my work. I like using color in a jewel sense as this to me, links into my spiritual being and express so much of my soul. I work in series which often consist of between 4 to 12 pieces, all linked in, but all different.
Bank of Jamaica
Billy Craig Insurance
Eagle Merchant Bank Collection
Jamaica Citizens Bank
ICD Group National Commercial Bank
Pan Jamaican Group
Morgan’s Harbor Hotel Jamaica.
National Bldg. Society
Jamaica Conference Center
San Souci Hotel Dehring Bunting & Golding
Mechala Group Collection
National Gallery of Jamaica A.D. Scott Collection
Guy McIntosh Collection
Paul Chen Young Collection Institute of Jamaica
Wallace Campbell Collection
Myers, Fletcher & Gordon Horace Mann Middle School
Urban Development Corp.
University of the West Indies
Botswana National Gallery
- “Global Caribbean IV. Focus on Contemporary Expression/ Pieces of Jamaica”. Little Haiti Cultural Center. (For Art Basel)
- Multitudes Contemporary Gallery. (Art Basel)
- “From Whence We Came”. Sistrunk Gallery- Black History Month – Art Exhibition
- “On the Other Side of the Track” Multitudes Contemporary Gallery
- “Caribbean Canvases and Frames”. An Exhibition to Celebrate Caribbean Heritage Month. Miramar Cultural Center.
- “Caribe Art Fest. Sistrunk Gallery.
- City of Lauderhill Police Head Quarters (LAC Artists)
- Lauderhill City Hall (design of Terrazzo floor for Reception Area)